Script : Align a path to delete knots.
You have a path with knots.
What the script do?
- Copy your path and realign the copy local Z-axis with the vector for which there is a low probability it cross an edge of path.
How to use script :
1. Select path(s) to realign.
2. Launch script with Alt+P (once the script is imported in Blender) or Put it in .blender/scripts/ folder and follow the instructions open it from the Scripts Window in wizards section area (you can follow this instructions)
It's done : you have now 2 paths : the old and the new
If some other PupMenu appear :
1. This script only works on path : One of selected object isn't a curve.
2. Error can't open curves point : verify that you are working on the 2.40 version.
Known problems :
1. If your path is a BezierPath it convert it into a NurbPath. 'Natural' path are Nurbs ones : to create a Bezier ones you have to made many manipulations : so if you don't know difference between it don't care.
Future plans :
- Make compatibility with BezierPath.
For any problems or suggestion contact me : r3gis